Take any fuel and in any state-whether it’s solid, liquid, or gas, there are specific properties that need to be taken care of. The best fuel management system will always take care of the right components at the right places. It will follow a set of rules and guidelines. One must always take care of the use of fuels in any system to prevent hazards. A fuel tank vent is an important component of any fuel and engine system. Let us understand the uses of a fuel tank vent.
1. The basics: Knowing the basics will help understand the next set of pointers easily. Any vent whether it’s for a fuel tank vent or otherwise, is meant to cool off the existing pressure buildup. A vent is a small opening that lets the steam or gas pass through. So a fuel tank vent in the simplest words is a vent that helps release the built-up pressure.
2. To avoid vacuum: Any system with smoother flow can be disturbed due to vacuum. In a fuel tank vacuum can develop as a result of the exchange of fuel. Air is necessary when the fuel is taken from the fuel is either consumed or dispensed. The presence of a vacuum isn’t suitable for the flow of fuel and the working of the engine. It can pop the system and cause damage. The tank can degrade and the entire system won’t function properly.
3. To avoid damage: In case a fuel tank is not properly vented, there can be disasters. There is a serious risk of explosion if the fuel tank isn’t vented properly. While operating nobody wants to risk an explosion. There could be a fire explosion or tank degradation. The fuel tank’s vent, hence, needs proper functioning to avoid damage to the man and the machine.
4. Preventing fuel leaks or spillover: The key function of a fuel tank vent is to have some gap for airflow is also helpful doubly. The gap prevents spillover or leaks of fuel. So the gap is absolutely necessary.
5. Add a layer of safety: Fuel tank vents add that extra layer of safety to the fuel tank system. Though there are other checks and processes available. But a vent can prevent explosion, ruptures, contamination through filtered vents, spillovers, popping of the tank, etc. They ensure the least risks with the variation of temperature, pressure, and surroundings.
A fuel tank is one of the crucial components of the best fuel management system. Venting the tank is helpful in so many ways as mentioned above. Like every machine, the knowledge of these tiny parts is crucial for overall operational efficiency and preventing any hazard. At Bahrain Gas, our products undergo numerous checks to deliver the right and safe products. Our long list of clients is a testament to our quality and checks. Visit our website and consult our experts, today!
Bahrain has some of the best quality fuel stations in the world due to the surplus oil reserves. Anyways that call for safely storing all the fuel in tanks must be designed for this purpose. When choosing a proper storage container for your fuel storage needs, whether it be aviation fuel, gasoline, diesel, or any other type of fuel, an underground fuel storage tank (UST) is the safest option.
UST has several advantages over the above-ground storage tank.
How Bahrain Gas helps you?
The Bahrain Gas organization has been in the business for several years now. We have partnered with several world-class projects ranging from shopping malls, industrial plants, and renowned restaurants in Bahrain.
We have ensured that we provide reliable safety standards to provide proper LPG supply to our client’s commercial and domestic needs. Besides ensuring our clients get their gas on time, we also tapped LPG gas and pipeline installations, refrigeration and A/C gases, household appliances, food service equipment, and cooking ranges.
Benefits of using underground storage tanks
The UST poses far less risk than AST. Hence, they are recommended worldwide. When you have an above-ground fuel storage tank, it tends to cost more due to maintenance costs and other external factors.
There are advantages to having an underground fuel storage tank, which are listed below.
1) Quick access for inspections
The underground fuel storage tank provides you with quick access to inspections. Though you may have to climb down for inspection, they are pretty straightforward. You can regularly inspect and repair them without much hassle.
There is no additional expense for you to dig any further or store it elsewhere.
2) Detection of leaks
It may not be possible to detect leaks immediately, but when you perform the inspections, you can find out if the gas is leaking or not. If you are a homeowner, you should make sure that you detect whether your underground fuel storage tank leaks.
3) Cleanup costs are less
The cleanup costs are less. You have no worries about cleaning up your underground fuel storage tank as an owner. It does not spill onto the bodies of water, also into the drinking water, or contaminate the soil.
4) They last very long
The last benefit of using the UST would be that they last very long. Some of these tanks have lasted for over 40 years without any leaks or breakdowns, and they have served well and need to be replaced after this period only.
Some of the fuel stations that make use of the fuel station underground storage tank are as follows:
• BAPCO Fuel Station at Wadi-Hayyan
• BAPCO Fuel Station at Isa Town
• BAPCO Service Station at Awali
• BAPCO Service Station at Al-Sayah
A few of the services undertaken by Bahrain Gas include the following:
• Safe gas distribution
• Catering/food service equipment
• Modern household appliances
• Professional laundry equipment
• Refrigeration/different types of gases
• Petroleum division
• Installations, repair, and services
As you can see, installing the best underground fuel storage tank in your business establishment can benefit you immensely. Just make sure you get it from a reliable manufacturer like Bahrain Gas.
Bahrain Gas has been serving the people of Bahrain with its sophisticated services like aboveground fuel storage tanks and equipment alongside LPG supply and pipelines. They follow ideal safety standards in their services, which sets them apart from the other brands in Bahrain. They serve both commercial and domestic clients’ requirements with a wide range of delivery networks, ensuring timely delivery.
They majorly work on aboveground fuel storage tank equipment, which serves the requirements for industrial needs. Bahrain gas has been in the service of the Kingdom of Bahrain since the early 1960s when it began merely as a gas distribution business. With time and advancements in the industry, they are now the one-stop shop for all major kitchen requirements.
Services Bahrain Gas Offers:
Bahrain gas has its business running successfully in multiple domains, providing people the ease and comfort of choosing the best-in-class services for their needs. Be it a domestic requirement, a commercial one, or an industrial requirement. They have got it all covered. Here is a list of their services.
• Catering/Food Serving Equipment
• Installation and Repair Services
• Modern Household Appliances
• Petroleum Division
• Professional Laundry Equipment
• Refrigeration/Different Types of Gases
• Safe Gas Distribution
Their diversification into several kitchen requirements makes them the one-stop destination for customers. The brand value they have created with years of brilliant services in Bahrain helps them in their growth journey. The mission is to provide safe services along with customer satisfaction allies with their way of working.
What makes them the best?
Bahrain gas is committed as a business unit to providing quality services to their customers with safety. They also take ownership of delivering uninterrupted services to their valued customers. It is never an easy task to serve such a large customer base without a great team. To ensure the services are not compromised, they have policies that are customer oriented. Here are a few of them to look after.
• They ensure they are compliant with international standards and all other regulatory requirements.
• They have a certified and well-maintained quality assurance system.
• Bahrain Gas work on a Risk-Based thinking approach with continuous developments as per current market trends and technologies.
• They have well-designed internal and external training for their employees to reach and maintain competency levels for serving their clients.
• Constant monitoring and measurement of the service metrics regularly ensure quality, safety, cost, and other things.
Their customer-centric approach is evident in each of their policies. So, without a doubt, they are doing a great job in the kitchen equipment industry in Bahrain.
Aboveground Fuel Storage Tank:
With horizontal and vertical tanks, they are efficient service providers for an aboveground fuel storage tank in Bahrain. These tanks help to store highly combustible and flammable substances in huge quantities. They are always superior to underground tanks since any flaw in the storage can be detected quickly and fixed.
The aboveground fuel storage tank equipment is generally made of carbon steel material, providing them with strong built quality. The horizontal and vertical tanks have some differences in manufacturing specifications and orientations.
The epoxy coating on them not only protects the tank’s surface but also makes the tank’s surface smooth. It prevents any form of corrosion on the surface, which may lead to leakages. They provide single and double skin for these tanks, but it is always good to have dual wall tanks as it helps in preserving the inner skin from any environmental impacts like rain or heat.
These cylindrical tanks serve the industrial requirements for storing oil, gasoline, crude oil, or other fuel manufacturing items per the client’s need. They have an inquiry form available on their official page. You can learn more about the aboveground fuel storage tank by filling in minimal details.