Food preparation in most commercial spaces does not happen only on demand. It requires the storage of raw materials and even pre-cooked ingredients to serve fresh and timely. However, owing to the different configurations of freezers available it could be tricky to make the best buy. A chest freezer has its own set of advantages over a single-door upright blast freezer. Here’s a mini-guide to understand the basic points of difference to make the right decision.
1. The Built: If we were to understand the basic build of these freezers, a chest freezer is a horizontal freezer with depth to store food. They require more floor space to place it and the door needs to be uplifted. While a single-door upright blast freezer is a vertical unit that uses blower fans to ensure rapid cooling. It has a front door.
2. Basic usage: While a single-door upright blast freezer offers convenience to pick your food item, it is great for storing food items that have labels on them. While a chest freezer is great to store numerous food items that are for lesser time to store. So it can be trickier to organize or sort your food item. Since a blast freezer uses technology to cool rapidly, it prevents the rotting of food items and contamination. The chest freezer is however best for storing numerous similar units for comparatively shorter periods.
3. Specifications: A chest freezer is less costly and noisy in comparison to a blast freezer. In terms of average lifespan both last up to 14 years in a secluded space. Since using and sorting from a single-door upright blast freezer is easier it also lets the user open the door for a long time and pick more than one item. This particular habit leads to more energy and hence more electricity bill.
4. Energy efficiency: Every heating or cooling technology is judged in terms of its energy efficiency. Although firms try their best to achieve the right balance between energy efficiency and applications, it can get better or worse depending upon areas of application. Deep chest freezers are comparatively more energy efficient than blast freezers. Their energy consumption is 10-25% less than a blast freezer. The sidewall insulation of these helps them maintain the temperatures and consume less electricity.
5. Benefits: The chest freezers are conveniently large and can be helpful to store irregularly shaped food packages. They can uniquely work in case of a power outage for up to 3 days. This is not the case in terms of a single-door upright blast freezer. The blast freezer is a great freezer to rapidly cool food items and works well in case of quickly placing warm to hot food items. It can help you spot your food items quickly owing to organized shelves.
Buying any system for your commercial setup requires a mini-finance audit. It is wise to research a bit before investing in a useful product to add value to your business. However Bahrain Gas is an experienced player in providing different cooling systems also. We ensure the right product reaches you as per your requirement and specifications. Visit us or schedule a call with our consultants, today!