Bahrain has some of the best quality fuel stations in the world due to the surplus oil reserves. Anyways that call for safely storing all the fuel in tanks must be designed for this purpose. When choosing a proper storage container for your fuel storage needs, whether it be aviation fuel, gasoline, diesel, or any other type of fuel, an underground fuel storage tank (UST) is the safest option.
UST has several advantages over the above-ground storage tank.
How Bahrain Gas helps you?
The Bahrain Gas organization has been in the business for several years now. We have partnered with several world-class projects ranging from shopping malls, industrial plants, and renowned restaurants in Bahrain.
We have ensured that we provide reliable safety standards to provide proper LPG supply to our client’s commercial and domestic needs. Besides ensuring our clients get their gas on time, we also tapped LPG gas and pipeline installations, refrigeration and A/C gases, household appliances, food service equipment, and cooking ranges.
Benefits of using underground storage tanks
The UST poses far less risk than AST. Hence, they are recommended worldwide. When you have an above-ground fuel storage tank, it tends to cost more due to maintenance costs and other external factors.
There are advantages to having an underground fuel storage tank, which are listed below.
1) Quick access for inspections
The underground fuel storage tank provides you with quick access to inspections. Though you may have to climb down for inspection, they are pretty straightforward. You can regularly inspect and repair them without much hassle.
There is no additional expense for you to dig any further or store it elsewhere.
2) Detection of leaks
It may not be possible to detect leaks immediately, but when you perform the inspections, you can find out if the gas is leaking or not. If you are a homeowner, you should make sure that you detect whether your underground fuel storage tank leaks.
3) Cleanup costs are less
The cleanup costs are less. You have no worries about cleaning up your underground fuel storage tank as an owner. It does not spill onto the bodies of water, also into the drinking water, or contaminate the soil.
4) They last very long
The last benefit of using the UST would be that they last very long. Some of these tanks have lasted for over 40 years without any leaks or breakdowns, and they have served well and need to be replaced after this period only.
Some of the fuel stations that make use of the fuel station underground storage tank are as follows:
• BAPCO Fuel Station at Wadi-Hayyan
• BAPCO Fuel Station at Isa Town
• BAPCO Service Station at Awali
• BAPCO Service Station at Al-Sayah
A few of the services undertaken by Bahrain Gas include the following:
• Safe gas distribution
• Catering/food service equipment
• Modern household appliances
• Professional laundry equipment
• Refrigeration/different types of gases
• Petroleum division
• Installations, repair, and services
As you can see, installing the best underground fuel storage tank in your business establishment can benefit you immensely. Just make sure you get it from a reliable manufacturer like Bahrain Gas.
To put it another way, a Best Leak Detection System can prevent human deaths. You will get the most out of your device if you carefully adhere to the directions provided by the manufacturer. However, these directions may differ depending on the kind of gas you are attempting to identify. Gas leak sensors will either display a numerical readout, sound an alarm, or text you when they detect the presence of an ignitable or toxic gas. Installing them under the guidelines provided by the manufacturer will ensure that they are situated in the most secure location possible. To keep Leaks to a minimum, you need to use the best fuel pipe & containment.
Engineers from the Good Housekeeping Institute have evaluated a comprehensive selection of the best leak detection systems. During our road testing, we expose the sensors to gas in order to determine whether or not they activate an alert, assess the ease of installation and functionality of the companion apps, and verify that the sensors are compatible with other types of smart home devices.
What kind of gas to watch out for?
Natural gas is composed of two primary components: methane and propane. Both of these components contain an additive known as mercaptan, which has an odor similar to that of rotten eggs. However, if you are not near the source, you may not be able to detect a gas leak until it is far too late.
Toxic gases like carbon monoxide:
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas that has neither a taste nor an odor and may be created when appliances break down or when automobiles are left running in garages that are connected. To prevent any potential leaks, detectors need to be positioned high to account for the lower density of these gases compared to air. Electrochemical and metal oxide semiconductor technologies are used in the process of detecting harmful gases in the environment.
Although it is radioactive and the second leading cause of lung cancer, it is very improbable that a concentration in your home’s basement or crawl area can create an explosion like that caused by propane or natural gas (EPA).
Non-engineering leak detection methods are responsible for the majority of pipeline leaks, according to information that has been published from incident reports involving European pipelines. Best Leak detection systems, on the other hand, can discover specific leaks, which means that they may still be valuable from the perspective of risk management. To Keep Leaks to a Minimum, You Need to Use the Best Fuel Pipe & Containment. For safe gas installations, you can rely on Bahrain Gas, as we are the leading safe gas distributor in Bahrain.
Every machine-related industry requires fuels, and fuels require monitoring. The pressure, temperature, and quantity are crucial for a smoother machine operation. It is wise to have the best fuel management system, a combination of hardware and software. Amidst this, fuel tank valves are the way out. Almost every other industry uses it. Like any other machine part, even the best fuel tank valves are subject to wear and tear, contamination, rupture, etc. So how do you ensure that the fuel tank valves stay for long? Here’s how:
1. Acknowledge: It all starts from accepting. No machine or no system is perfect. So it is better to acknowledge the flaws or inefficiencies of the existing fuel management system. You may or may not have any management system but think about the processes involved. You can adapt to one after enlisting the steps. Understand the processes involved and monitor the fuel deliveries. Once you understand and acknowledge the issues and gaps, you can choose the exemplary management practices and system. Try different processes to figure out the best.
2. Setup a monitoring software to track data and analyze the performance: Most highly efficient fuel companies ensure they have a tracking system. This tracking system helps them to measure, track and analyze the metrics such as fuel efficiency, temperature, estimated stock holding, etc. There is a lot of monitoring software available in the market you can try. This software will save you time to consult experts and their visits repeatedly. We at Bahrain Gas manufacture such systems with the names TLS-450R and TS 550.
3. Educate your teammates: The next step is to make your teammates aware of the monitoring system and take necessary actions. Usually, when the procedure involves a machine, men forget to act on the results it produces. The teammates need to be aware to use the data and act accordingly. Not only that, but they need to blend their experience while making decisions. They must take care of essential parameters like fuel deliveries, calibration, activity, etc.
4. Check for repair and maintenance: Every piece of equipment has its life cycle. In the fuel deliveries, keep checking the individual equipment. Check the fuel valves, pipes, and other components. It is even more important to check for their service and repair. For example, sensors have a significant role in the management system. Keep monitoring their performance. Timely repair and maintenance can save your costs from a huge one. Keep tracking the repair dates and then choose your vendor accordingly for them.
5. Check for drivers and their driving techniques: Lastly, if you are maintaining a fleet, another tip is to train. It is crucial to educate and check drivers’ driving skills and techniques. This training can save a lot of fuel as well.
Every system or process makes use of electronics. Optimize your system with one such method. We at Bahrain Gas ensure that we manufacture the best fuel tank valves. Along with other products like open valves, overfill prevention valves, and others you can think of employing a system. Our highly-experienced staff lets you make an informed choice. We follow the industry best practices to ensure that our products match your requirements. Schedule a call to get your quote today!